Slightly Self-Obsessed

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Try Again


As nobody seemed to notice, Bry and I forgot to post something on Wednesday. Whoops. Here's something to entertain you until this coming Wednesday. I wrote this as a writing exercise in my Dramatic Writing class.


JACKIE, 16 years old
PHIL, 16 years old


JACKIE
Phil, why are you wearing that?

PHIL
Because it looks cool?

JACKIE
Try again.

PHIL
I, uh, wanted to dress up for Halloween?

JACKIE
Halloween was Monday. Try again, Phil.

PHIL
Alright, alright! I have pink eye! Are you happy?

JACKIE
I already knew that, Phil.

PHIL
You already knew? How on earth could you already know?


JACKIE
Phil, you’re wearing a Phantom of the Opera mask. Not only does it only cover half of your face but it’s covering the side without pink eye. What the hell made you think that wearing that would hide the fact that you have pink eye?


PHIL
I was really just hoping that people would be so enamored with it that they wouldn’t realize...

After years of suffering from pink eye, he would eventually find a mask to better hide it.

No comments:

Post a Comment