Slightly Self-Obsessed

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Farewell Apt. B

On the eve of my little sister graduating from high school and heading off for her first semester of college, I've never felt older.


Here you can find Bry and I just after our high school graduation, about a million years ago,
and Lia can be seen as the dorky little kid in red.




When did that dorky little girl, that refused to wear her hair any other way than in a low ponytail, grow into this:



Check out that hot rod behind her. 


My "little" sister is now 18. Don't go trying to jump her bones, though, or I will seriously mess you up.



Do you want this to be the last thing you see?
I didn't think so.


On the verge of moving out of the apartment that Bry and I have lived in since May 2008, I've never felt more grown up. As I was going through what it is that I want to keep or get rid of while I pack/got dressed for class one morning, I made an interesting discovery: I've gotten rid of nearly all of my non-work shirts. I used to be in possession of many interesting and and ridiculously large shirts.



It was large and soft and I loved it. It was also meant for a man
and I have NO idea where it came from...


Or there were these lovely things. Why do tie-dyes
refuse to go out of style???

One day, I magically turned into this overnight:


Just kidding, we're always like this.

My bad. I mean like this:


Do you see me there??? I'm practically in a suit!


With that, I leave the blog to Bry to say a final goodbye to Apt. B. We may end up missing having 1.5 bathrooms, and two extra closets, but we will never miss our pothead, Dubstep-at-4-in-the-morning loving neighbors.


We took this for Chelsea Jo Traynor, for her birthday, during one of our first nights in the apartment.
(Rest in peace, Chelsea.)


Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince midnight premier in costume!
Rach is dressed as a wizard dressed as a Muggle and Sarah dressed
as an owl and passed out letters to other people in line.



Back when he was an ankle-biter... Oh, wait... he still is.



Every party needs a classy lady.



Pictured: two thirds of a love triangle.




PedoBear approves.



This photo is brought to you by Two Buck Chuck and the letter W.



No explanation required.



The green couch is perfect for napping.



Frankie as a kitten.



Playing on the couch we affectionately referred to as "The Rape Couch"
right up until we found out it was full of spiders.




Too many cat photos?
I spy with my little eye... a deer.



Figgy always has to help.



Speaking of things that do not belong in a kitchen...



Blow-up doll from hell?



Possibly my favorite Halloween costume so far.



A few days before the wedding, David catches up on some sleep.
As I said, the green couch is great for naps.



This is me hours before my wedding, chilling on Facebook.



My reaction when I heard David say thanks for the game
but "What are Tribbles?" :O



"Say dysfunctional!"



We attempted to teach Iris "Down by the Banks of the Hanky Panky"
like we played in sixth grade camp.



Three best friends all grown up. 



The little sister bonding with the Terror.



David photographed with the classy Christmas lights
and the shower curtain/living room blinds.



David's official graduation photo.  Notice the bowl
of cat food for the stray.  We have bleeding hearts...



Hahahahaha, I gave you wood.
(A nerdy Settlers of Catan joke.)



Our first Christmas tree.



Our stack of Christmas presents on the kitchen table
with the equally depressing Charlie Brown Christmas Tree.


This is an excellent example
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
of how ridiculously long we've been living here.

So long and thanks for all the fish, Apt B.

2 comments:

  1. I was totally fine until those last two pictures. Call me weird, but I'm going to miss that place a tiny bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, me too. I adore our new place, but man did that old place feel like home.

    ReplyDelete