Slightly Self-Obsessed

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Tonight's Dream Brought To You By NyQuil

There is nothing better than the kind of dreams NyQuil brings on. Honestly. Last night I had one of the longest, most vivid dreams I've had in a while. And, for those who know me, that's actually saying something. There's almost no night I don't dream but last night was a little different.


After spending a second day suffering from some bizarre illness that gave me a very mild fever, a warm thick feeling in my throat, and a stomach that felt almost constantly on the verge of retching, I gave up withholding medicine. *cue the NyQuil*


 




It was the only medicine I could find on short notice and, since I didn't know what I had anyway, I might as well just take anything and hope it would make me feel better, right? Not so much. I wasn't ready to go to bed at 8:00pm. (Which is when I took the NyQuil.) I continued about my wild and crazy Friday night plans (watching things on Netflix instant queue and trolling the internet) and waited to feel better. I waited.


And waited...






And waited.................


It's alright, you can laugh. Everyone else does.




And, after a while, I could barely keep my eyes open but I still felt horrible. I was getting so sleepy, sitting on my couch, that I wasn't entirely sure I was going to be able to hold back that retching feeling I'd been having for two days. With the image of myself falling asleep on the couch and then throwing up on myself, I went upstairs and put myself to bed at 10:00pm.






I woke up all on my own, having not set an alarm, at six. Oh wait, I didn't. Some asshole was driving up and down LK Wood honking their horn. At first I ignored it. Then it stopped. Then it started again and I looked out my window, saw nothing and crashed again until it started up again. I looked out the window again. Yep. A car across the street was honking it's horn angrily at nothing I could see. I went back to sleep.


And then it began. My ultimate fantasy.


Yeeeaaah,  my fantasy really isn't this sexy.




This dream had everything I could ever want. Or as close as a dream can get you. My dream not only had my entire family in China but it had my friend Aaron, too.


How could anyone not want to be his BFF?




 And, even more realistically, it also had Cher.


"I always wanted to be a ring master."




Not only Cher, though, but I got to touch her. I got a hug. There was even a legitimate plot and stuff to my dream although it's hard to recall all these hours later. My best summary of the dream is as follows:


I am in China. My whole family is in China. I need to find Aaron before the Cher concert. As in all my China dreams, because they occur so frequently that I can track trends in them, we have just arrived in that same day. I reach in my bag for my phone, because I was smart and remembered to pack my old Chinese cell phone so all we needed was to buy more minutes somewhere. Just kidding, I didn't remember it. Damn. Bry remembers that she just bought a new AT&T Go Phone and that it will work if we just put a Chinese money/minute card in it. Perfect. Bry and I wander around talking to people in fluent Chinese as we search for a vendor that sells such cards. As we wander, we run into Aaron as well as Alia. Problem solved. We end up on some obscure tour thing before ending up at the place of Cher's concert. Cher's concert is taking place in the cafeteria from Coyote Valley Elementary School which has conveniently relocated itself to China for my dream. Lastly, of course, Cher. For some reason I briefly meet her while she is wandering around before her concert and she puts her arm around me and leads me somewhere. And then I just wake up. Thank you NyQuil.


I am still deciding whether or not it seems worth it to try to repeat the process again. This dream entirely reminds me of the Glee kid's experiences during the Britney episode. The reason being that, before I took the NyQuil, I watched videos of American people speaking Chinese, Bry got a new phone yesterday and of course Cher needs no explanation.




Speaking of China...

2 comments: