Slightly Self-Obsessed

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day 7 - A picture of your most treasured item.

My piccolo. See that metal thing at my feet? That's my most prized possession because my music teacher bought it for me. He said that each year he was going to buy an instrument for a student but I think it was just an excuse to get me one because the year after that my high school's music program was cancelled.


Not the first time this has happened, just the first time someone has caught  me in the act.

After much thought, I decided that my most prized possession is my memories. Every day I browse through the library of memories in my head and enjoy remembering tastes and smells and touches from years past. I greatly fear the day when I become so old I cannot remember these things any longer. This is why I take pictures and keep diaries.


I stopped Steven mid-hike up a hill and forced him to take a picture of this lone tree for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment