Slightly Self-Obsessed

Friday, February 11, 2011

Things That Cannot Be Unseen Part 2

I knew it would only be a matter of time before I'd captured enough bizarre pictures to make a second part to this blog concept. Perhaps these things only seem odd to me but here are some strange thing's I've seen.

Wait, that's not soap...

I found this in the women's bathroom in CR's Arcata campus. Perhaps this only seems odd to me but how many people dash to the bathroom with a lotion emergency?

It seemed fitting.

Maybe I'm just a jerk but this picture actually made me kiiiind of giddy. In case you've never peeked out of my bedroom window before, that building on the left is a church. One day, I looked out my window only to see a police car watching it. There was a policeman in the car watching the empty church. Wish I knew what was going on. And now a picture to clear the palate. 

Squee!

I find nothing odd with this picture. In fact, I wished immediately when I saw these shoes that I could buy them. As always, our opinions may differ.

How thoughtful.

One day I lined up to catch a southward bound bus only to see this flyer taped to the window. If I hadn't just broken my laptop power cord, I might have utilized this. Does anyone else find this awfully unnecessary, though?

Quick, before it gets away!

As with all sightings of supposed mythological creatures (Loch Ness, Big Foot etc.), I only managed to get a very blurry shot of this wild beast on CR's main Eureka campus. Unless I'm wrong, this is an adolescent Minotaur. This is what I imagine he looks like from the front:

If there's one in Humboldt County, there might be more.
Even more alarming than evidence of mythological creatures in out midst is this:

Innocent at first glance...

At first glance I saw this poster and simply saw a poster for Avatar. But upon further inspection I recognized something so horrible that everyone should arm themselves and get ready. When you see this poster do you also see this:


Shadow Vessels

The Avatar poster is proof to me that a Babylon 5-esque future isn't just a fantasy of mine but eventually a reality. The Shadows are moving behind the scenes to brainwash us. Beware.

A sandwich???

Whilst doing my part, and attempting to recycle something or another, I discovered this in our apartment's recycling bin. Yes. That is a sandwich. I get that they're biodegradable but since when have they been recyclable?

Sixty cents off from sheer awesomeness.

Bry got this from her old job. All I can say is wow. And lastly...

Approach with caution.

I have to give credit to this find to Bry. Bry managed to capture an image of a very rare and dangerous beast. Be on the lookout. This creature can be identified by its ridiculously long, pale mane, its creepy pasty white skin and its knack for stealing my jackets on cold days. Beware.


If you've spotted Bry, go here:

1 comment: