Slightly Self-Obsessed

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 24 - A picture of something you wish you could change.

Few things are more depressing.

If I could change anything it would be death. I know it is insane to think that we could all live forever, and I'm sure eventually I'll grow so old that I'll be okay with dying, but I don't think I'll ever be ready to handle death.

A sexy bunch, I know.

One person in this picture is already dead. Someday they all will be. That thought alone keeps me up at night. I would stay a child forever if only to never lose my parents. Every time I see my dad, he has more gray hair and I'm reminded that he's 63 and not getting any younger. None of us are. Someday I'll have to say goodbye to them forever just the same as my kids will to me. I don't think I'll ever be ready to handle death.

2 comments:

  1. well... once ur dead it's not so bad

    but once ur dead it's not anything at all sooo....
    idk tough concept for us conscious beings to understand...

    ReplyDelete