Slightly Self-Obsessed

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Horrible Book 3

Writing a horrible book is turning out to be much more of a challenge than I'd originally anticipated. I'm already super behind. I don't anticipate finishing this terrible adventure on time but I think I will attempt to finish it anyway. This horrible book needs to see the light of day. I'm thinking that when it's all said and done I may just self-publish it and give it to people as the kind of present they never wanted. For your viewing pleasure, here's another little excerpt:

"Doesn't a lady usually at least get a kiss on the cheek after the first date?" Molly saw so much joy in the smile John tried to suppress.


"She does," he replied simply.


He took a step, closing the gap between them, and gently cupped his hands on either side of her face. He placed a slow, warm kiss softly on her right cheek and held his forehead to her for a moment, breathing her in, before releasing her almost as if from a spell.


With electricity shooting through her and butterflies dancing in her stomach, her head was in a daze as he reluctantly pulled away. She shuffled into her quarters, sat down on her sofa, and placed a hand to her cheek. Maybe she'd given up on love too soon.


Don't give up, it's just the weight of the world. When you're heart's heavy I, I will lift it for you.

2 comments:

  1. When you're posting there's a little picture button along the top with all the options like font size and stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete