Slightly Self-Obsessed

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Brilliant Idea

After attending a writing workshop I was inspired to start writing again. The only problem, because of course there's a problem, is that between school and work I have hardly any time to write. Boo. In rides the white knight of good ideas, however, and brings me my brilliant idea!


\
According to Google, White Knight is a character in a game or something.

After the white knight of ideas brings me my idea, I sit down in the only possible place I can write in my spare time (Bayshore Mall's food court) and begin my new story. It starts as follows:

She had never intended to leave the party with a stranger. A sexy stranger. Hell, she hadn't even been intending to stay long enough to finish a drink. It's not that she was a rude person by nature, she just never felt comfortable in a short dress and heels. She was a cop. Her uniform was more comforting to wear than a plush robe and slippers after a bubble bath. Her uniform came with a gun. She needed that sense of security by her side to feel safe.

This wasn't safe. Two drinks and a flirty conversation later, though, and here she was. his name was Jeff. or was it George? There was no subtle way to ask him now that she was in his apartment watching him strip off his shirt. His skin was tan and taught over his bulging muscles. He ripped his shoes from his feet and hopped onto his bed. He pulled down his pants, revealing the hard bulge beneath. She gasped at the size of his

"Jesus Christ!" she muttered under her breath. "What on earth made me think I could write like this? How does anybody write like this?!"

"Having trouble with your homework, dear?" asked a voice from the kitchen.

"I'm fine," she called back, shutting her notebook. In retrospect, trying to write a romance novel while visiting her grandmother should have struck her as a bad idea.

I think my shocked Grandma image might be an old man in drag...

No comments:

Post a Comment