Slightly Self-Obsessed

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Dramatic Writing is Dramatic

So, for those unaware, I am taking a Dramatic Writing class. Also for those unaware (read: me), Dramatic Writing does not involve writing dramatically. Okay, it CAN but it actually means writing plays. Or, in the case of my class, individual scenes.I find myself hilarious so I want to share some of the things I've written for class and during our writing exercises. Today, I wrote the following thingy as my writing exercise. The prompt was to write something that has to do with Superheros or Villains.


"You shall never defeat me! Muahahahaha!"


"Shut up, Derek. You're interrupting my teddy bear tea party."


"I said, 'You shall never defeat me!' That's when you're supposed to try to defeat me!"


"Tea. Par-ty. I'm busy. I don't have time to be King Booger Brains or whoever today. My tea is getting cold."


"You're not even drinking real tea, Thomas. Your cups are empty. And it's Captain Awesome but I'll call you King Booger Brains and tell dad you're playing with Sarah's bears again if you don't play with me."


"Play tea party with me or I'll tell dad you tried on mom's dresses and lipstick yesterday."


"...So, which cup is mine?"



No comments:

Post a Comment