Slightly Self-Obsessed

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Literacy Wednesdays: Read a G*dd*mn Book

More and more these days people are turning away from reading good, old-fashioned books and finding different outlets (video games, tv, staring off into space, etc.) for their short attention spans. I am here to advocate for the poor dusty guys getting left behind in the, well, dust. Don't get me wrong, it's fantastic when teachers assign lots of readings they post online so that you don't have to lug bulky, heavy books around (Who needs exercise, anyway?) but I hate sitting at my computer trying to read. It can't be done. My computer has games, pictures and the internet which frankly makes it impossible to do homework without distraction. Every time I sit down to do some assigned online reading I end up on here, Cracked, FML, Texts From Last Night and so forth. So, despite the extra weight in my backpack or arms, I will forever advocate the book.

I still hate textbooks, though. I'm really here to stand up for people reading enjoyable books.

 
You're literally NEVER too old to enjoy one of these.

 This being said, every Wednesday, or as I'm going to call it: "Literacy Wednesdays: Read a G*dd*amn Book Day", Bry and I will be putting up a book review or two on books you (Yes, YOU!) should read. If you've read it, leave a comment and let us know what you think of it.






First review to come next week.

1 comment: